Press Information Bureau(PIB) is an important part in competitive exams. We are already providing PIB notes monthly Magazines free of cost .Now onwards you can track daily PIB notes from here instead of surfing through 30+ daily PIB updates which may not be relevant for preparation. We provides CRUX OF PIB DAILY.
1.Prime Minister launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI)
- Let no child suffer from any vaccine-preventable disease: Prime Minister
- Improving the health status of children of our country is amongst the top priorities of the Government: Sh J P Nadda
Aim: To reach each and every child under two years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunisation programme.
Focus: Improving immunization coverage in select districts and cities to ensure full immunization to more than 90% by December 2018.
- The achievement of full immunisation under Mission Indradhanush to at least 90% coverage was to be achieved by 2020 earlier. With the launch of IMI, achievement of the target has now been advanced.
- Earlier the increase in full immunization coverage was 1% per year which has increased to 6.7% per year through the first two phases of ‘Mission Indradhanush’.
Features of Intensified Mission Indradhanush :
- Will cover low performing areas in the selected districts and urban areas.
- Special attention will be given to unserved/low coverage pockets in sub-centre and urban slums with migratory population.
- The focus is also on the urban settlements and cities identified under National Urban Health Mission (NUHM).
- Will have inter-ministerial and inter-departmental coordination, action-based review mechanism and intensified monitoring and accountability framework for effective implementation of targeted rapid interventions to improve the routine immunization coverage.
2.World post day:
- In India it will be a part of the National Postal Week till 15th October 2014.
- On all the days school children will be involved to educate them on functioning of the Postal Department
- World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9thOctober, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Berne.
- The Minister for Communications launched e-IPO (Indian Postal Order) in the denominations of Rs. 10/-, Rs. 20/-, Rs. 50/- &Rs. 100/-, as a pilot project in Bihar, Delhi and Karnataka.
- e-IPO will be used for all purposes like fee payment for RTI/ educational institutions/ Court/ online registration for Cable Operators etc.
3.The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi layed Foundation Stone for Bhadbhut Barrage over the River Narmada.
The Prime Minister also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Udhna (Surat, Gujarat) and Jaynagar (Bihar).
- Connects people and particularly helps those who are from Uttar Pradesh or Bihar, and work far from their home.
- Train will make it easier for people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to go home for Chhath Puja.
4.Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala is all set to conduct the fourth edition of the prestigious annual Dilli seminar on 12th and 13th of October 2017.
Theme:‘India and Southeast Asia – Maritime Trade, Expedition and Civilisation Linkages’.
INA conducts the annual Dilli seminar on elements and issues of maritime history and heritage of the nation to help the young officers and cadets keep an eye on future developments in the maritime domain with a strong foundation of the past.
- Traill’s Pass (5400m) is a high altitude pass in Nandadevi National Park (Kumaon Region) which joins the Milam and Pindari Glaciers.
6.Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)
- PMGDISHA is aimed at imparting digital literacy to citizens in rural areas. It will provide access to information, knowledge, education, and healthcare.
- It will create avenues for livelihood generation, and financial inclusion through digital payments.
- ImTeCHO is an innovative mobile phone application to improve performance of ASHAs through better supervision, support and motivation for increasing coverage of proven maternal, newborn and child health interventions among resource-poor settings in India.
- ImTeCHO stands for “Innovative mobile-phone Technology for Community Health Operations”.
- “TeCHO” in Gujarati means “support”; therefore, “ImTeCHO” means “I am support.”
- The Prime Minister will distribute e-tablets to health workers to mark the launch of ImTeCHO.