Make hindu notes & static syllabus area from current affairs by self learning. Cover full current affairs from the bible of civil service aspirants ie,HINDU Newspaper.We give direct notes from HINDU;Which replaces hindu reading. We give important news & what next to do? You collect those add on notes & make notes perfect.
Don’t shoot the messenger(Governance)
What in news?
- More than 15 whistle-blowers have been murdered in India in the past three years.
- Parliament may have passed the Whistle Blowers Protection (WBP) Act in 2014, but this did not help save their lives as the government has doggedly refused to operationalise the law.
- The Act aims to protect people who bring to the notice of the authorities concerned allegations of corruption, wilful misuse of power or commission of a criminal offence against a public servant.
Chemical from turmeric helps treat cancer in children (S & T)
- Scientists in the U.S. have found yet another use for curcumin, the bioactive component of turmeric that is widely used in Indian cuisine, this time to treat cancer in children.
- Researchers at Nemours Children’s Hospital and the University of Central Florida (UCF) have found that nano particles loaded with curcumin can target and destroy neuroblastoma tumour cells.
- Children aged five or less are most commonly affected.
- In their study, the researchers attached curcumin to cerium oxide nano-particles and tested the nano-curcumin formulation in cell lines of a high-risk form of neuroblastoma.
Roll-out of GM mustard will be challenged: SC
- The Supreme Court on Monday said a government decision favoring a commercial roll-out of genetically modified (GM) mustard seeds will not go unchallenged.
- A Bench led by Chief Justice of India J.S. Khehar prima facie noted that the court would hear pleas highlighting the health hazards involved in case the government frames a policy favouring the release of GM mustard seeds into the market. In short, such a policy would have to survive judicial scrutiny.
The Manila envelope
- In a significant development, India has decided to provide a financial assistance of $5,00,000 (Rs. 3.2 crore) to the Philippines to aid its fight against the Islamic State (IS)-affiliated terror groups in the troubled Mindanao province.
- This is the first time India is sending aid to another nation to help it fight terrorism, thereby becoming an important marker in New Delhi’s attempts to burnish its credentials as an emerging security provider to the wider Asian region.
- For a long time, India has been trying to convince the world that it remains one of the worst victims of terrorism. But its focus has largely been on Pakistan’s use of terrorism as an instrument of state policy.
- In this context, India’s support to Manila shows a new-found sense of urgency in standing shoulder to shoulder with other victims of terror, even when the source of the problem is different.
SBI cuts savings deposit rate by 50 bps to 3.5%
- For the first time since savings account interest rates were deregulated in 2011, State Bank of India has decided to revise the rate downward by 50 basis points to 3.5%, for deposits of less than Rs. 1 crore.
- Deposits of Rs. 1 crore and above will continue to earn 4%.
- About 90% of SBI’s savings account holders will be impacted due to the move.
- SBI has a savings account base of Rs. 9 lakh crore.
Minor transgression by China (IR)
- Even as the Indian and Chinese troops are in a standoff along the Sikkim border, Indian officials have reported a transgression by the Chinese border troops along the Uttarakhand border.
- According to officials, on July 25, Chinese border guards came almost a kilometre inside the Indian territory, from the border claimed by New Delhi in the Barahoti area of Chamoli district
What next? Go to the root of issue.
- Not accepting India’s entry into NSG (Nuclear Suppliers group).
- China has taken over India’s land in the northern part ( near Leh ) and named it as Aksai chin.
- China claiming Arunachal Pradesh as their own land.
- Supplying weapons to Pakistan and making Jammu Kashmir unstable.
- Introducing CPEC ( China-Pakistan economic corridor ) through Indian land.
- Blocking India’s move to ban Masood Azhar at UN.
- China putting an eye on Indian ocean with their submarine presence and increasing its presence in Pakistan and Arabian sea.
- Both are fast-growing economies, but India is a step ahead in economic growth and the Chinese not able to digest and it’s creating new disputes with India.
- Disturbing ties in between India and Nepal, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, SriLanka.
DON’T BE SELFISH..SHARE WITH FRIENDS..SHARING IS CARING>>>
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 2018 TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus with proper revision. This include 30 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.Cost to mark ratio makes it more valuable.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: [email protected]