What is Indian Administrative Service (IAS)?
IAS is Indian Administrative Service also called Civil Services Examination and is one of the toughest competitive exams in India conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative civil service including IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS and much more.
How to become an IAS officer?
Start preparing for IAS TODAY itself as we call IASTODAY. The UPSC CSE consists of 3 stages – Prelims, Mains, and Interview.Its never too late. First of all go through the updated syllabus for prelims here. Even though the competition is high, Its not an impossible task.Many of our users had already made their dream came true.Also we have an impeccable track record of paving right track for upsc including prelims test series from which 143+ hits in 2016 and 138+ in 2017. We will continue the same to make your path easier to mussorie. For mains we have daily answer review and test series with all India rank which are still incomparable with institutes and online portals.
IAS Prelims Exam Pattern:
|SL. NO.||NAME OF THE PAPER||NATURE OF PAPER||DURATION||QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|1||Paper – I : General Studies||DECIDING PAPER||2 Hours||100||200 Marks|
|2||Paper – II : General Studies (CSAT)||33 % for qualifying||2 Hours||80||200 Marks|
Cut off will be published for PAPER 1 and it decides your entry to MAINS examination.Out of 12Lakh+ applicants approximately 14,000 will clear this barrier.CLICK HERE FOR PRELIMS 2018 SCHEDULE & TIME TABLE
IAS MAINS Exam Pattern:
|Sl. No.||Paper||Name of the Paper||Nature of the Paper||Duration||Marks|
|1||Paper – A||Compulsory Indian Language||QUALIFYING NATURE||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|2||Paper – B||English||3 Hours||300 Marks|
|3||Paper – I||ESSAY||MERIT BASED FOR RANKING||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|4||Paper – II||GENERAL STUDIES I||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|5||Paper – III||GENERAL STUDIES II||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|6||Paper – IV||GENERAL STUDIES III||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|7||Paper – V||GENERAL STUDIES IV||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|8||Paper – VI||OPTIONAL PAPER I||3 Hours||250 Marks|
|9||Paper – VII||OPTIONAL PAPER II||3 Hours||250 Marks|
There will be yet another cut off & final list for interview will be published based on the performance. Here the number of aspirants will be reduced to around 2500 (depends on the vacancies ). Click here for MAINS ANSWER REVIEW ANALYSIS AND TESTS SERIES
IAS EXAM INTERVIEW Pattern:
|INTERVIEW OR PERSONALITY TEST – 275 Marks|
This will be added to MAINS results & Total will be out of 2025. Normally even toppers can’t score 50% marks.Here lies the toughness of examination. Yon can register for premium support including prelims + Mains + interview guidance. Approximately 1100 clear this final lap & enter to most admired civil service.Now you are all set with basics;Head on to eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for IAS
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
- Candidate must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India.
- Candidate must be person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational qualification for IAS
The educational qualification needed to appear in UPSC CSE is a degree (graduation) in any subject. Final year students can also apply. or in detailed words as per upsc standard;
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognized universities.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination.Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination.
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination.However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination.
Beyond these,following are also allowed.
- A degree or an equivalent qualification from any Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956
- A degree through correspondence or distance education
- A degree from an open university
- A qualification equivalent to one of the above which is recognized by the Government of India
IAS Exam Age Limits
The minimum age to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam is 21 years. Upper age limit for General category is 32 years, for OBC it is 35 years while for SC/ST it is 37 years
or in other words,
- Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
- Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
- Upper age limit for Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons (general category): 42 years
Number of Attempts for UPSC Civil Services Exam?
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- The number of attempts for IAS exam: SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
IAS Coaching: Myths & Reality
Many of the old players used to say,You must go to delhi in order to clear civil service examination.That was correct to some extent till 2013.Everything is available in your finger tips & many institutes are out of limelight since they can’t pop up with changing upsc pattern. Our expert team is dedicated to deliver quality materials at your finger tips at least possible fees.So dont run behind myths to shift home for coaching or quit job to regular coaching. Latest statistics reveals the presence of Working employs are increasing. So register with us for prelims mains interview by choosing 5 different packages like prelims alone,MAINS alone,prelims Cum mains cum interview, Premium & LIFE TIME with unlimited attempts.We will help you till you make your dream a reality.
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 2018 TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus with proper revision. This include 30 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.Cost to mark ratio makes it more valuable.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in