Press Information Bureau(PIB) is an important part in competitive exams. We are already providing PIB notes monthly Magazines free of cost .Now onwards you can track daily PIB notes from here instead of surfing through 30+ daily PIB updates which may not be relevant for preparation. We provides CRUX OF PIB DAILY.
1.Embryo Transfer Technology, a promising revolution in Bovine breeding :-.
- Under this techonology, embryos of higher genetic merit indigenous bovines are being transferred in to surrogate cows.
(i) a farmer can get a 5-6 fold increase in number of offsprings ,
(ii) the calves so born will be of high genetic merit and
(iii) the offsprings born will be free from diseases
2. Nobel Prize for Physics, 2017 – Indian Connection:-
- The 2017 Nobel Prize for Physics has been conferred to three scientists namely Rainer Weiss, Barry C Barish & Kip S Thorne under the LIGO Project for their discovery of gravitational waves, 100 years after Einstein’s General Relativity predicted it.
- This is a proud moment for India also, since the discovery paper has 39 Indian authors/scientists from nine institutions.
- Late Professor CV Vishveshvara of RRI, Bengaluru (DST AI) and Professor SV Dhurandhar of IUCAA, Pune and some other Indian scientists made seminal contributions to this field which contributed towards the principles behind the LIGO Detector.
3.India signs €300 million Finance Contract with European Investment Bank (EIB) for financing Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II- Line R6.
The objective of the project: To bring in a quantum improvement in the transportation sector in the city in tandem with the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) and other modes of urban transport.
TARGET: To ensure modern transport facility for the commuters. The spinoffs of the project would include employment opportunities, benefits to the economy, reduction of number of vehicles on road, less fuel consumption, reduction in air pollution, reduction in passenger travel time and also improvement in the aesthetic value of the city.
Facts in detail:
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II is to be jointly financed by the European Investment Bank (€500 million) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (€300 million).
- The first tranche of Euro 300mn was signed today.
- The project envisages extension of East-West & North-South lines for Bangalore Metro Rail which includes a total length of 72.095 km (13.79 km underground) and 61 stations with 12 underground stations
- Pradhanmantri Grameen Digital Saksharata Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) is an integral component of Digital India Initiative of the Government.
- The scheme envisage to make 6 crore citizens digitally literate in rural India
- It is under the Ministry of Electronics and IT
5. The Ministry of Women and Child Development will be celebrating the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Week from 09th to 14th October, 2017.
Theme :”Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Week- The Daughters of New India”.
- The week is being celebrated in view of the International Girl Child Day on 11th October, 2017.
- The theme for this year’s International Day of the Girl –“Girls Progress=Goals Progress: What Counts for Girls”.
6. The “Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017” will be held from 7th to 9th October, 2017 in India’s 1st World Heritage City i.e Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
- This is organizing with an intent to showcase the rich cultural heritage of the Country in all its rich and varied dimensions, viz Handicrafts, Cuisine, Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Documentation and Performing Arts-Folk, Tribal, Classical and Contemporary- all in one place.
7. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) issues order against Grasim Industries Limited, Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Ltd. and Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd. for bid rigging Delhi Jal Board tenders for supply of Poly Aluminium Chloride.
- The cci Imposes penalty for the anti-competitive conduct.
- The Poly Aluminium Chloride (PAC) is used for purification of water
8.President to Inaugurate India Water Week 2017 on October 10, 2017 in New Delhi .
- The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.