UPSC PERFORMANCE GRAPH – ROMAN SAINI
Attempts – first attempt
|PAPER 1 – 125.34||PAPER 2 – 183.33|
Mains and Interview marks-
|ESSAY -145||GENERAL STUDIES 4 – 098|
|GENERAL STUDIES 1- 097||OPTIONAL 1 – 109|
|GENERAL STUDIES 2- 061||OPTIONAL 2 – 112|
|GENERAL STUDIES 3- 108||INTERVIEW – 154|
Optional subject: MEDICAL SCIENCE
MAINS Total– 730 + Interview– 154 => Final– 884
Rank – 18 .
Daily routine for UPSC preparation
9 hours a day, if I don’t like I don’t read, I play guitar, helps me a lot.
When it comes to my daily routine, there is only one answer : I had none. And till today there is none. There was no daily schedule which I used to follow or without I would have died or without which there was no possible chance of selection and there can never be. Though there was relative stability with regards to my sleeping time, especially during the exams and internship posting at AIIMS. Yet there is no sacrosanct rule as when to sleep, read, eat, bath, listen to music.
What I need you to understand is that only 2 things you should take care of
1. 8 hrs of quality study
2. 8 hrs of sleep is the key.
I used to take a sleep of 7-8 hrs, after which I had an internship to attend to so there I used to spend about 5-6 hrs on a daily basis. The internship started in January ’13 and lasted till January ’14. In 2012, everyday 5-6 hrs was taken by academics at my college in examinations, practicals, attending to a patient at the hospitals and even conducting deliveries.
So in my schedule there was 6-7 hrs of self-study and 2-3 hrs of coaching classes. But there is a catch, I used to go to the coaching classes only if there was an important class or if there was a test. Tests are the most important part of any preparation and should not be skipped under any circumstances.
As far as sleeping is concerned there was no fixed schedule. Most of the time I used to sleep at 6 pm in the evening and wake up at 12 am midnight, then I used to study the entire night. I think that it is the best schedule, as there is no disturbance, no sounds in the environment of loud music, no bickering of vendors and neighbors, no phone calls and availability of long stretch of undisturbed hours. Then I didn’t took bath daily, especially in winters as I hate bathing in winters and it takes a lot of time too. I used to eat at my room where I studied so there was no need of going out.
UPSC INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
A.P. Singh was interview board chairman & its all about 49 minutes. Some of the questions & answers below.
Q. Why do you want to be civil servant after graduating from best college of india. (AIIMS)
Yes AIIMS is the elite-most medical institute of India but still, the grass root situation hasn’t changed. Forget about medical care, even pure drinking water or basic sanitation is lacking. I wish to work at the grass root level, tackling the causes of problems and nipping them in the bud as I can’t do that as a Doctor, We can only cure not prevent the diseases. Provision of basic amenities like water, sanitation etc. that will prevent origin of diseases.
Q. You are the youngest person till date I have interviewed, don’t you think you will succumb to the political pressure.
The very face that I’m the youngest person means I haven’t spent 4 attempts in preparation. I’m not carrying any baggage, I have no dependents, I’ve nothing to lose. Therefore, I being the youngest person is least likely to succumb.
Q. Dowry is prevalent in your state, how will you refuse to take it.
Yes it is unfortunate, nowadays IAS-grooms are ‘selling’ for 50 lakhs and 1 crore but someone has to take a lead by refusing dowry. If I, as a civil servant, succumb to such bad practices what can be expected from a common fellow.
Q.What is relevance of ethics in medicine
Ethics is the corner stone of medicine. We get many poor-illiterate patients. They don’t know what is good for them, what is the bad for them. If the doctors start misusing their position to make quick material gains, then profession itself would be tainted. Medical practice without ethics, would be an abomination.
Then I was asked GK-type questions from my graduation and hobbies. Here are some samples:
- What is BMI
- What is a puzzle
- From which country was rubik, what was his profession, how much do you take to solve a rubik cube, what is the world record?
|% in class 10||85.5|
|% in class 12||91.4|
|Graduation course and %||MBBS 62|
|Name of college, city, passing out year||AIIMS NEW DELHI 2013|
|Any other professional courses||–|
|Hobbies & Extra curricular||GUITAR TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON, professional degree, puzzle solving|
If i were not selected ,then Would have continued as Jr.Resident in AIIMS.
Just decide if it is for you and jump into the midstream and forget everything any one ever told you. Most of the people lack intellectual prowess to decide what is the right thing to do. Always make your own rules and break them again and again till they start suiting you.
Special credits & thanks to ROMAN SAINI
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 90 DAYS TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus in just 90 days with proper revision. This include 29 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in