DAILY HINDU NOTES and PIB daily notes on current affairs together called DAILY CAPSULE for JULY 13 2017.We also offers PDF version of daily capsule..This is a replacement guaranteed product for your daily hindu & PIB reading time consumption.
You may like our : PRELIMS 2018 dedicated series
Hearing on status of Aadhaar
- Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is responsible for managing and assigning Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar cards.
- In March,2016 the Aadhaar (Targeted delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill,2016 was passed by the parliament. It is also referred to as Aadhaar Act.
- The Act will provide statutory backing for transfer of subsidies and benefits to eligible people having Aadhaar (UID) number.
- Every resident shall be entitled to obtain an Aadhaar number.
- To obtain an Aadhaar number, an individual has to submit his Biometric information(photograph, finger print, iris scan)Demographic (name, date of birth, address) information.
- The collected personal information cannot be revealed by the authority except under two cases- In the interest of national security and on the orders of a court.
- The Act prescribes a punishment of imprisonment up to three years and minimum fine of Rs 10 lakh for revealing personal information in any other case by anyone.
- The Act also provides a statutory backing to UIDAI. It specifies its composition and functions.
- Recently court hearing case in the matter of mandatory Aadhaar and Aadhaar bill was passed as money bill.
- It is a type of goods for which demand increases when its price increases, and vice versa.
- Luxury goods like diamonds, whose appeal depends on their exorbitant price, is an example.
- It is named after American economist Thorstein Veblen.
- Veblen goods are considered exceptions to the law of demand, which states that the demand for a good must decrease as its price increases, and vice versa.
- Some economists disagree, saying that the law applies only to goods that are truly identical. Cheap diamonds, for instance, may be an inferior good in the eyes of the consumer when compared to expensive diamonds; hence they are not truly comparable.
Assam flood case
- Assam flood problem make us to think about disaster management because of strategic reach to that particular state
- Assam river flood example present classical case of disaster because of sedimentation in Himalayan origin river
- Government also should think about long term measure to stop or prevent this kind of flood situation
- In Assam flood major casualty related to the animal and wildlife in kaziranga and manas national park
Ice melting in Antarctica
- Recent study about snow melting by scientist show us trend of climate change and effect of global warming
- This split in iceberg will also make sea level rising and make Iceland people vulnerable
- Bitcoin is one kind of crypto currency or virtual currency.
- This term first created by Japanese.
- This digital currency getting much importance in the time of automation of economy.
- But this currency not accredited by any world economy or financial institution
- Recently SEBI has declared that any transfer of this currency to be managed by SEBI