DAILY CAPSULE-UPSC BEST CURRENT AFFAIRS -AUG 2 2017
Make hindu notes & static syllabus area from current affairs by self learning. Cover full current affairs from the bible of civil service aspirants ie,HINDU Newspaper.We give direct notes from HINDU;Which replaces hindu reading. We give important news & what next to do? You collect those add on notes & make notes perfect.
(opinion-Ed) Victim in the dock [Social issues,Role of women]
- Its all about a criticism on recent judgement on Section-498A by the SC.
- Demanded for the monitoring the genuineness of petition.
|=> No Automatic Arrest in 498-A Cases, SC Issues Strict guidelines to Police and Magistrates, Non Compliance will Attract Disciplinary & Contempt Proceedings .
“A Supreme Court bench has now ruled that a family welfare committee in every district will scrutinize dowry harassment cases before the local police can arrest the accused”
Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—
Panel to draft data protection Bill:SC
- Highlighting the need for a comprehensive law on data protection, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) informed a nine-judge Bench of the Supreme Court on Tuesday that the Centre has constituted a committee of experts, led by former Supreme Court judge, Justice B.N. Srikrishna, to identify “key data protection issues” and suggest a draft data protection Bill.
- Appearing before the Bench led by Chief Justice of India J.S. Khehar hearing the question whether privacy is a fundamental right, UIDAI, the nodal agency for implementation of Aadhaar, said privacy is not a fundamental right; privacy is subjective and dependent on human behavior.
- Any attempt by the court to robe it in the status of a fundamental right would damage the nation and stymie the government’s efforts for good governance.
Not much important
GST Anti-profiteering mechanism soon: FM
- The Goods and Services Tax Council will finalize the machinery to implement the anti-profiteering provisions in the GST law at its next meeting.
- The GST Council,will now meet every month to ascertain ‘where the shoe pinches’ and make suitable adjustments in the new indirect tax regime.
Water conservation scheme a big success [Environment,Conservation]
- The Rajasthan government’s flagship water conservation program has turned out to be a success in Pratapgarh district.
Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan (JSA)
- It is the Rajasthan government’s flagship water conservation program.
- The groundwater table has increased,green agricultural fields have expanded and no tankers with drinking water had to be sent to as many as 94 villages this year.
Rising temperatures drive up farmer suicides in India: U.S. study
- Climate change may have led to over 59,000 farmer suicides over the last 30 years in India, argues a research report from the University of California, Berkeley in US.
- Even a 1°C increase in temperature above 20° C in a single day during the crop growing season results in about 70 suicides on average.
- The increase in temperature during the cropping season reduces crop yields, resulting in increased suicides, according to a study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences .
A clear failure of TN government
- Its handling of the challenge posed by the new norm that all medical college admissions should be based solely on the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test has been a disaster.
What next to learn?
- It failed to prepare students under its school education board for the demanding common entrance test conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, and it could not defend before the judiciary its controversial decision to block 85% of medical seats for State board students.
- In the process, it has completely let down aspiring doctors from the State. The admission scene for professional courses has been beset by uncertainty, confusion and all-round despair.
- The national admission policy was undoubtedly thrust on an unwilling State government by the Supreme Court and the Centre.
- Yet, despite knowing that the State cannot remain insulated from the policy, the Tamil Nadu government did not respond with a concrete plan to upgrade its syllabus and prepare students for the task ahead.
- On the contrary, it misled students into believing that they would get an exemption from NEET. It may have been justified in passing two Bills to exempt the State from NEET and send them to the Centre to secure the President’s assent.
- But meanwhile it should have told students to be ready for NEET if the assent did not come. The Centre is obviously reluctant to advise the President to give his assent, as granting exemption to one State may lead to similar demands from other States; and, the legislation may not survive the Supreme Court’s scrutiny.
NOD for Jharkhand religious Bill
- The Jharkhand Cabinet gave its approval to the Jharkhand Religious Independence Bill, 2017.
- Section 3 of the Bill prohibits forceful conversion.
- In the event of violation of the Section, there will be up to three years imprisonment or Rs. 50,000 penalty or both.
- If the crime involved a minor, a woman or a person from the SC/ST community, the prison term would be up to four years and a penalty of Rs. 1 lakh.
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 2018 TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus with proper revision. This include 30 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.Cost to mark ratio makes it more valuable.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in