Daily HINDU NOTES with daily challenge for serious aspirants. What to do after or read beyond HINDU for current affairs and static is a most requested question. We gives you daily challenge associated with news. .
JUNE 24 2017
Nagaland Minister wants Khaplang faction on board
The group has been banned for attacks on security forces.
Nagaland would request the Centre to sign a ceasefire agreement with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K), banned by the Home Ministry for attacks against security forces.
The government signed a framework agreement with another Naga group, the NSCN-Isak-Muivah (NSCNIM) in August 2015 to look for a solution to the decades-old Naga insurgency.
NIA had declared a reward of Rs.5 lakh for his (Mr. Swu ) arrest.But he died of illness last year in Delhi.
What next? Make note about NAGA insurgency. Important tribal groups in nagaland (16 tribes)
Metro rail tunnels under Hooghly set a record
The twin 520 meter-long tunnels, part of the 16.6-km East West route,connect Howrah and Sealdah with Kolkata; service to start in three years
What next? Its not directly important as its not opened yet.Its proposed to start in 3 years ;Still have an eye as its a record initiative.
Frustration again for India at NSG meet
The annual plenary meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group in the Swiss capital of Berne ended without issuing membership to india.
Still they agreed to meet again on subject of non-signatories to the Non Proliferation Treaty in 5 year to consider india & pak cases.
What next? Make a detailed note in NSG and its importance ; member nations & their mandate.
In Mumbai, Taj Palace gets a trademark
This makes it the first structure in India to get such a trademark registration .
It is assigned by India’s Trade Mark Registry.
Usually, trademarks are only assigned to company logos and brands, entities that make goods or services that are bought and sold or the goods or services themselves.
This is to protect these commercial entities from other commercial entities that may seek to use their goodwill
and brand recognition.
What next? Make a note on India’s trade mark registry. Different types of trade marks and advantages.
IISER Pune: Novel drug delivery system to kill cancer cells
– developed a novel cancer drug delivery system using graphene oxide nano particles.
-when a FDA-approved anticancer drug cisplatin was added, the graphene oxide sheets self-assembled
into spherical nano particles enclosing the drug within.
Two DNA-damaging anticancer drugs — proflavine and doxorubicin — that bind to graphene oxide through non-covalent bond were also used.
The nanoparticles of 90-120 nanometre size containing cisplatin and either of the two anticancer drugs were taken up by cervical cancer cells leading to programmed cell death.
What next? Make notes on Cancer cells like malignant cells & tumor cells. Refer nano particles & its features.
Threadworm infection can lead to active TB
A new study reveals that worm infection might be one of the major risk factors for individuals with latent
tuberculosis infection to develop the active disease.
What next? Study about B cells (a type of white blood immunity cells, guardian cells. Causative micro organism (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). Head on to symptoms if possible.
Damming river water impacts fish diversity
A new study has found that dams and other barriers across rivers in the Western Ghats do affect fish species and their recovery downstream.
However, barrier free tributaries that drain in to these rivers can help fish recover even in dammed stretches.
The Western Ghats is home to 290 freshwater fish species, more than half of which are endemic.
Eg: the Deccan mahseer, an endemic carp.
What next? Make a note on endemic species in Western ghats ; dont limit list to fish alone.
NASA’s CHESS to study interstellar clouds
NASA is launching a sounding rocket CHESS on June 27 to study vast interstellar clouds and know about the earliest stages of star formation.
The Colorado High-resolution Echelle Stellar Spectrograph will measure light filtering through the interstellar medium, which provides crucial information for understanding the life cycle of stars.
This is the third flight for the CHESS payload in the past three years, and the most detailed survey yet.
What next? Make a note on NASA’s space initiatives. (Its a wide area, Limit to recent initiatives)
Ordinance to amend SEZ Act likely
The government is likely to bring in an ordinance by next week to amend the SEZ Act to bring it in line with the Goods and Services Tax (GST), due on July 1.
Certain provisions in the special economic zone (SEZ) Act, 2005, are not consistent with the GST regime and need to be made compatible before the July 1 roll out date.
Eg: the duty drawback norms, under which an exporter is compensated for duties during the course of production of goods, are required to be in sync with the new indirect tax structure. Under the current rules, SEZ units get a service tax exemption and the developers are exempted from customs or excise duty for development of zones for authorised operations.
What next? GST slabs and Exemptions. How GST avoids cascading effect?
Who really needs to be gluten-free?
Despite the current focus on gluten, there are probably many with celiac disease who don’t know they have it.
Approximately one person in 140 is known to have celiac disease, which can remain silent for decades and become apparent at any age.
What next? What is gluten? gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye, even though relatively few gluten avoiders have been given diagnoses of celiac disease, an autoimmune condition that can attack the intestines and other tissues when gluten is consumed.
Possible symptoms of Celiac disease: abdominal pain, bloating, gas, chronic diarrhoea, or constipation; chronic fatigue, anaemia, unexplained weight loss, or muscle cramps; missed periods, infertility or recurrent miscarriage; vitamin deficiencies, discoloured tooth enamel, bone loss and fractures.
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 2018 TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus with proper revision. This include 30 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: [email protected]