DAILY HINDU NOTES,PIB daily notes and prelims Multiple choice quiz on current affairs together called DAILY CAPSULE for MAY 2 2017.We also offers PDF version of daily capsule..This is a new initiative and your feedbacks will be appreciated. Shoot your feedbacks at Care@iastoday.in
The main message from Saint Shri Ramanujacharya’s life was inclusive society, religion and philosophy.
He discovered manifestation of God in Human beings.He considered all devotees of God as equal.
When caste distinction and hierarchy were recognized as integral to society and religion , every one had accepted their position as high or low in the hierarchy,Saint Shri Ramanujacharya opposed it,in his personal life and religious teachings.
Vishishtadvaita means qualified non-dualism. Ramanujacharya was the foremost proponent of the philosophy of Vishishtadvaita.
Rise in indian ocean level
Ocean level rise is related to the excess water which is released by global warming.
Ice melting and flood are major immediate impact.
Constant rise followed by increase in temperature level.
Even the Law on lokpal was passed before 2 years; government hadn’t taken any step in appointment of lokpal.
Selection of lokpal is done by the search and select committee which includes leader of opposition.
Leader of opposition is the prominent member of party who secures second largest majority in lok sabha with minimum 10 % of the seat.
This committee include 5 persons i.e. PM, CJI, speaker, opposition leader, eminent jurist recommended by president.
Tax on farm income
Bibek debroy who is a member of NITI aayog suggest to tax farmer of upper levels of income.
Tax on farmer income is state subject.
Eight core industries [PIB]
Eight core industries includes following list which have major role in WPI:
Refinery Products (93% of Crude Throughput)
Steel (Alloy + Non-Alloy)
Fortification of food means the process of editing food grains or biological components to make it more nutritious.
This ensures enhancement of the nutritional value of the food and may help in reducing malnutrition problem.
Governments new regulation provide guidelines of food fortification.
Iron deficiency led to anemia/ weakness while vitamin A deficiency will cause skin and vision problem.
Food standard and safety authority issued rules regarding it.
Great indian bustard
Scientific name: Ardeotis nigriceps
Found in north western indian plain with arid or semi arid region including wetland.
- It is also found in the adjoining regions of Pakistan.
It is heaviest flying bird.
According to IUCN,It is Critically endangered .
It is state bird of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan government is planning to make breeding center to revive this species.
Water use in industry
Industry come under water intensive sector after agriculture.
The graphic presentation of the sector wise water consumption is as shown below.
Blood group and heart attack
According to new researches, blood group can predict risks of heart attack.
Individuals other than O group have high risk of heart attack since they have more blood clotting components.
More blood clotting component make blood circulation difficult..
CURRENT AFFAIRS PRELIMS QUIZ
Q.1 consider the following statements about ramanujacharya.Which of these is /are correct
1. He was great social reformer believed in caste annihilation
2. He believe in Vishishtadvaita
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. both1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
Correct answer: Option C
Q.2: Which of the following events trigger ocean level rising:
1. Earth quake
2. Thunder storm
3. Global warming
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 3 only
D. 1,2 and 3
Correct answer: Option B
Q.3 Who among the following are part of commission recommending lokpal:
1. prime minister
2. chief justice
4. leader of opposition
A. 1 ,2 and 4 only
B. 1 ,2 and 3 only
C.3 and 4 only
D. all of the above
Correct answer: Option D
Q.4 tax on agriculture comes under list of the ___
A. state list
B. central list
C. concurrent list
D. None of these
Correct answer: Option A
Q.5 consider the following statements about core industries:
1. crude and refinery products are weighted separately.
2. steel industry includes alloy steel only
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
Correct answer: Option A
DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 90 DAYS TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus in just 90 days with proper revision. This include 29 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in