DAILY CAPSULE- July 31 [Make perfect daily Hindu notes]
Make hindu notes & static syllabus area from current affairs by self learning. Cover full current affairs from the bible of civil service aspirants ie,HINDU Newspaper.We give direct notes from HINDU;Which replaces hindu reading. We give important news & what next to do? You collect those add on notes & make notes perfect.
SC summons officials on firecracker pollution
- The Supreme Court has pointed out a lack of clarity on the pollutive impact of explosive substances used in firecrackers and ordered officials from the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and Firework Research and Development Centre at Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu to be present in court.
- The impact of firecrackers on the environment, the extent of change in the air quality and the safety standards in place should be collected by these bodies.
- It cannot shift its burden of protecting the environment and framing wholistic air pollution standards, covering firecrackers also.
- Continuous monitoring was going on and random checks of firecrackers by PESO and the Controller of Explosives are done.
- The CPCB had earlier filed a report indicating that most firecrackers contain a large amount of sulphur, a major cause of air pollution.
What next? Different types of pollutants. Note down severity based on PPM.
RBI may cut key interest rate by 25 basis points
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is expected to reduce the key policy rate or the repo rate by 25 basis points (bps) to 6% in its monetary policy review meeting scheduled for August 2 while maintaining neutral stance on interest rates.
- If the RBI does cut the repo rate, this could only be the second such instance by the monetary policy committee (MPC) since it was established in October 2016.
- The expectation of a rate cut is mainly due to a fall in retail inflation, which eased to 1.54% in June — a record low, after reading 2.18% in May.
- Inflation for June was lower than the RBI’s target band of 2-6%.
- However, during the last policy review in June, the central bank revised its inflation projection downwards to 2-3.5% in the first half of the year and 3.5-4.5% in the second half — opening up the possibility of a rate reduction.
Whats next? Difference b/w repo & reverse repo rates.How will these rates affect economy?
Researchers creating warning system for toxic algae in lakes
- Researchers are working on creating an early warning system that can spot when algae begins showing up on lakes across the U.S.
- The project sets out to use real-time data from satellites that already monitor harmful algae hotspots on Lake Erie in Ohio and Chesapeake Bay along the East Coast.
What next? Algal bloom
What is NHB Residex?
- NHB Residex from the National Housing Bank, designed by a technical advisory committee comprising Government representatives, lenders and property market players, is a set of benchmarks that aims to track housing price indicators across Indian cities.
- Originally flagged off in July 2007, the index was discontinued in 2015 and was refurbished and re-introduced earlier this month.
- It now sports enhanced city coverage (rising from 26 to 50, to be eventually raised to 100), a new base year (2012-13) and new data sources (with data from banks and home finance companies and market surveys).
- The NHB Residex currently offers two sets of quarterly Housing Price Indices (HPIs) across the cities it tracks.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS.. SHARING IS CARING