Sibi Adhithya- Toppers strategy (AIR 72, 2015)
UPSC PERFORMANCE GRAPH -Sibi Adhithya
Attempts – first attempt
|PAPER 1 -134||PAPER 2 -142.61|
Mains and Interview marks-
|ESSAY -112||GENERAL STUDIES 4 -113|
|GENERAL STUDIES 1-109||OPTIONAL 1 -073|
|GENERAL STUDIES 2-095||OPTIONAL 2 -111|
|GENERAL STUDIES 3-121||INTERVIEW -202|
Optional subject: Geography
MAINS Total–734 + Interview–202 => Final–936
Rank –72 .
Daily routine for UPSC preparation
The key is to understand that there will be ups and downs in this preparation and we need to work towards overcoming the “downs” that take place or minimize its frequency so that a level of consistency is maintained.
Studying for many hours continuously without a break can easily lead to a burnout. I usually took a “half-day break” every week so that I was able to maintain the tempo throughout the process. I tried to catch cricket matches on TV whenever I could which helped me to blow off some steam. Having a hobby could help us stay rejuvenated throughout the journey.
There will come times when we feel distracted and low on confidence. At such times, we need to remind ourselves of why we took up this exam in the first place. Studying favorite subjects at such times can be a morale booster and help us to get back on the right track. I used to read about foreign policy during such situations and it helped me gain my mojo back.
UPSC INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Mr. Joshi was the chairman and approx 30-35 minutes
* Your name is Sibi Adhithya and you live in Chennai. How did you come to Delhi from Chennai? How long have you been staying here?
* What did you do after you completed your graduation?
* You studied EEE. Tell me the difference between Electrical and Electronics
* You have studied in Hong Kong for 10th and came to Erode for 12th. What was the difference that you found between the two?
* The USSR comprised of many countries. Do you think the breakup of USSR was a good thing?
* You have authored a book titled “CEG: A Journey Through Time”. Tell me more about it
*You said there were a bouquet of subjects that you studied in Hong Kong. Tell me about it.
* Tell me some of the unconventional subjects that you studied.
* What were the subjects that you took in your 10th standard? How did it help you?
* There are many languages in India. It makes administration difficult. How can we solve this?
* How to overcome the language barrier in inter-state administration?
* Do you think the 3 language formula has served a good purpose?
* Tell me some innovative solution for the above problem
* There are many private consulting agencies who are working with government departments. However, after a report comes, it is found that the agency has done a sub-par job. Why is that so?
* If both private and government agencies are collaborating together on a project and yet the desired result is not achieved, what is the problem?
* If you are heading a government department, what will you do to ensure that things run smoothly between your department and the private agency?
* You must have heard that rules are proving to be a hindrance in governance. What do you think about that? Do you think we should remove these rules?
* Have you heard of Panama papers? What is the Liberalized Remittance Scheme?
* What are the different stands taken by the government and the private players? Why is there an ambiguity?
* What is lean manufacturing?
* What are the different technologies available to produce solar energy?
* What is Tamil Nadu’s wind generation capacity?
* Where are the windfarms located in Tamil Nadu?
* What does the Plant Load Factor in wind mills depend upon?
* What is UDAY scheme?
* How much T&D losses does India have?
* What are the components of the losses?
* What is a Tax Haven? Is Hong Kong a tax haven?
* What is the economy of a tax haven based upon?
* Do you follow foreign policy?
* Then, Can I take the interview in that direction?
* What are the topics that you are following with respect to foreign policy?
* What is the recent developments in India-Pakistan relations?
* What do you know about US- Cuba breakthrough? What caused the breakthrough in relations?
* Do you think such a breakthrough is possible in India-Pak relations?
* How important is personal relationships in diplomacy?
* Myanmar has had a change in government. How will this impact India?
* What is Ms. Suu Kyi’s connection to India?
|% in class 10||92%|
|% in class 12||98.83%|
|Graduation course and %||BE (EEE) 78%|
|Name of college, city, passing out year||College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai (2014)|
|Any other professional courses||Nil|
|Hobbies & Extracurricular achievements||Public Speaking, Writing and analyzing on cricket, Reading books|
There are thousands of people who put in immense hard work yet fail to see their names in the final cut. To all of you, I just want to say that keep believing in yourself and put in more effort. It takes a lot to reach the mains/interview and you should be really proud of yourself. Find out where you went wrong, correct those mistakes and do not lose hope. Failure is not falling down, but in not getting up. Make sure you keep the fire burning in you and all the best for your next attempt.
Special credits & thanks to Sibi Adhithya
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 90 DAYS TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus in just 90 days with proper revision. This include 29 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in