[PIB notes, Hindu notes]DAILY IASTODAY CAPSULE-JULY 20 2017
DAILY HINDU NOTES and PIB daily notes on current affairs together called DAILY CAPSULE for JULY 20 2017.We also offers PDF version of daily capsule..This is a replacement guaranteed product for your daily hindu & PIB reading time consumption.
You may like our : PRELIMS 2018 dedicated series
Ancient way of water conservation
- Many sources of our history provide us handy proof of water conservation and draught management
- From Indus people to chola kingdom in south, provide us way and art to manage precious water resources
- Today we consider water as basic right of person but in ancient time it was duty of people to conserve it because it is a gift of god
- Paika rebellion in Orissa took place in 1817.
- Orissa government urges central government to declare it first war of independence.
- This rebellion also called paika bidroha was broad based and plural organized war against british east india company.
- Paiks was one of the community related with militia and policing function
- They got land from local ruler but britisher want their land and make them landless
Think beyond loan waiving
- Government of every state is in race of loan waiving but it is not permanent solution because we have to add capacity of farmer to repay it
- Government have vision of doubling farmer income but now farmer not capable of loan repayment at least
- Indian agricultural characterized by low scale and low productivity in which 85% of farmland is below 5 acre of land.
- More than half area of cultivation have no facility of irrigation and farmer have less than half land to requirement.
- Two biggest problem of productivity is related to market and weather problem.
- Loan waiving can be done only in institutional burden of farmer but what will be happen with non institutional high rate borrowing of 61 %.
- Sustainable solution to be found out like immediate help to poor or vulnerable farmer to be provided on certain criteria.
Bharat net project
- It is also known as national optical fiber mission.
- Aim is to achieve universal network connectivity to every village panchayat.
- By this mission every panchayat is supposed to be connected with broadband network that will enhance e- governance.
- By this system governance at local level to be transparent and efficient.
Health under PPP project
- Niti aayog urges central government to adopt PPP model for medical management with targeted district hospital.
- Hospital space to be given on lease and private hospital can manage with reasonable rate.
- Central government will provide financial help.
- This project will encourage transparency, efficiency and access to quality service.