IASTODAY DAILY CHALLENGE- JUNE 21
Daily HINDU NOTES with daily challenge for serious aspirants. What to do after or read beyond HINDU for current affairs and static is a most requested question. We gives you daily challenge associated with news. This is a test version; Shoot a feedback to email@example.com if you found this useful. We will continue this initiative if helpful.
JUNE 21 2017
GST from July 1: FM
Kerala and Jammu and Kashmir,which are yet to ratify the State GST law to facilitate the implementation of the GST under their jurisdiction,would lose out on the benefits of a single national tax.
Deadline to file the first return, was extended to September 15 [from August 10]
What to do next? GST will be live by JULY 1 so study basics of GST like levels of taxes, Tax structure,understand meaning of some keywords like IGST,CGST,SGST.
The tiger and Adilabad tribes
The aboriginal Raj Gonds worship the big cat as Rajulk Pen, the forest king and god.
The customs of the Raj Gonds and Kolam tribes are attuned to peaceful co-existence with wild animals.
In a Dandari-Ghusadi performance,a masked Tappal Pen dancer depicts a tiger’s attack on cattle.
What to do next? Make a brief note on Tribes of india and their location. Its a wise area so name & state where they live is enough for todays note.Its recommended to add one line about their importance or special features.
Floods pound northeast, West Bengal
Many people washed away, security forces rush to the rescue of those stranded due to deluge and landslips.
What to do next? Make a note on security forces in india & their mandate.
The Indian Navy’s first indigenously built floating dock(FDN-2),
Enhances Navy’s capability in repair, maintenance of ships.
The floating dock is 185 meters long and 40 meters wide.
It will enable docking of all kinds of vessels, including Naval ships and submarines
(excepting aircraft carriers and tankers) of up to 8,000 tonnes displacement,
with draughts of up to seven metres, during both day and night
What to do next? study the important achievements of Indian Navy especially INS series.
First sitting High Court judge to be awarded imprisonment
Justice Karnan was the first sitting High Court judge to be awarded imprisonment for six months by the Supreme Court .
His arrest comes after his retirement eight days ago.
What to do next? Give importance to anything that happens first. here you must go through process of impeachment of judges, case of justice karnan.
10,000 more NGOs may lose licence
Union home ministry is planning to cancel Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) licences as they are not filing annual return.
The FCRA licences of more than 11,000 NGOs have been cancelled in last few years of NDA government.
What to do next? try to understand FCRA, NGO’s and its conditions /requirements and importance.
Do CRPF jawans have human rights?
Section 24 of the Right to Information Act (RTI) exempts security and intelligence
agencies from RTI provisions, except in the case of allegations of human rights violations and corruption
In its reply to an RTI application, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has said that no human rights were
violated in the brutal killing of 25 CRPF personnel by leftwing extremists in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on
April 24, 2017
What to do next? Revise RTI act and its provisions. Focus on the exceptions given to some security and intelligence
Pak. begins fencing Afghan border
The two nations are divided by the 2,400-km Durand Line, drawn by British rulers in 1896.
The line runs through ethnic Pashtun territory, dividing families and tribes between the two countries.
but Afghanistan is opposed to the building of the fence.
What next? Learn the strategical importance of PAK & Afgan to india. Make a note on friendship dam and similar links with india.
A bleak forecast on deadly heatwaves
Seventy-four per cent of the world’s population will be exposed to deadly heatwaves by 2100, if carbon dioxide emissions continue to rise at current rates.
The Heat waves that proceeds the ongoing monsoons with odisha particularly witnessing series of heat related death.
Tiny temperature rise can make mass death twice as likely;unchecked emission can expose 3/4th of humanity to deadly heat waves.
What next? Make note on international initiates on climate change & their goals. Understand the impact of heat waves on human beings and animals.
Volcanism heralded era of dinosaurs
Volcanic activity may have played a key role in triggering the mass extinction event about 200 million
years ago, which set the scene for the rise and age of the dinosaurs, an Oxford study has found.
The casualty list includes large crocodile-like reptiles and several marine invertebrates.
This mass extinction has long been linked to a large and abrupt release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere,
but the exact source of this emission has been unknown.
What next? Study the evolution & periods of evolution like thorasic period. And proceeds to organisms and their features in those periods.
NASA finds 10 Earth-sized exoplanets
10 new rocky, Earth-sized planets that could potentially have liquid water and support life..
The Kepler mission team released a survey of 219 potential exoplanets — planets outside of our solar system — that had been detected by the space observatory launched in 2009 to scan the Milky Way galaxy.
The 10 new Earth size planets bring the total to 50 that exist in habitable zones around the galaxy.
What next? Make notes on NASA space missions to analyse asteroid,planet , Solar system and their observations and achievements.
Now comes the ultimate WHAT NEXT? Make a decent notes and forward to us or COMMENT BELOW We have huge surprise for the best notes. Learning is rewarding.
Also shoot a mail regarding this initiative. We value to feed backs for modifications if any; Shoot at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in