DAILY HINDU NOTES,PIB daily notes and prelims Multiple choice quiz on current affairs together called DAILY CAPSULE for MAY 4 2017.We also offers PDF version of daily capsule..This is a new initiative and your feedbacks will be appreciated. Shoot your feedbacks at Care@iastoday.in
Scheme For Agro-Marine Processing And Development Of Agro-Processing Clusters is the full form of the scheme.
Its a part of schemes by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
The objective of SAMPADA is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease agri-waste.
SAMPADA is an umbrella scheme incorporating the ongoing schemes of the Ministry like
Mega Food Parks,
Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure,
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure,
Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters,
Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages,
Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities.
Food Processing Sector has emerged as an important segment of the Indian economy in terms of its contribution to GDP, employment and investment
Aadhaar and PAN linking.
Government issued more than 100 crore Aadhaar card for the target benefit transfer and mass data management to help public welfare scheme.
But mandatory Aadhaar is against persons fundamental right ,and now government want to use it for better tax compliances.
Income tax act section 139AA amended to make it mandatory PAN and Aadhaar linking.
But supreme court opposed it and make it voluntary.
Pay commission by time established by the government to review payment system in country.
Recommendation of this commission is advisory to governments of center and state.
Following categories of worker come under pay commission jurisdiction
(i) Central Government employees—industrial and non-industrial;
(ii) Personnel belonging to the All India Services;
(iii) Personnel of the Union Territories;
(iv) Officers and employees of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department;
(v) Members of the regulatory bodies (excluding the RBI) set up under the Acts of Parliament; and
(vi) Officers and employees of the Supreme court.
Ban on alcohol is state subject but legislature has no power on total ban since its used for industrial and medicinal purpose. That means only human liquor consumption can be banned.
Extra neutral alcohol is alcohol product that used for the industrial purposes.
Tarang sanchar portal
A dedicated portal by ministry of communication which will give information about effect of mobile tower and effect of its emission.
Mobile tower emits electromagnetic wave and by this portal common man can know emission level of tower.
Standard has been set up in compliance with WHO guidelines.
Dhole – indian wild dog
Dhole is name given to indian wild dog that is now in endangered category of IUCN.
Dhole also listed in wildlife protection act in schedule 2.
Dholes, with a cinnamon colored coat, bushy tail and an alert gaze, are aggressive pack predators, covering long distances on a hunt.
Scientist now finding that there are some genetic differences developing between north and south dholes.
This genetic difference will be due to geographical, climatic isolation between two population.
Brahmos is the joint product of the india and Russia and name given from river moscova and brahamputra flowing in Russia and india respectively.
This is capable of launching from air, sea, land and sub sea against target in surface and sea.
Initially range of this missile was 290 KM. According to rule of the missile technology control regime [MTCR], if country want to make cruise missile more than 300 KM distance have to be member of MTCR.
Now india is member of MTCR and range of this missile extended to 450 KM.
Key features of the National Steel Policy 2017 [PIB]
1.Create self-sufficiency in steel production by providing policy support & guidance to private manufacturers, MSME steel producers, CPSEs..etc.
2.Encourage adequate capacity additions.
3. Development of globally competitive steel manufacturing capabilities.
4. Cost-efficient production
5. Domestic availability of iron ore, coking coal & natural gas,
6. Facilitating foreign investment
7. Asset acquisitions of raw materials &
8. Enhancing the domestic steel demand.
CURRENT AFFAIRS PRELIMS QUIZ
Q.1 consider the following statement about SAMPADA scheme.Which of these is/are correct
1. Scheme For Agro-Marine Processing And Development Of Agro-Processing Clusters is full form of the scheme
2. It is schemes of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI)
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
Q.2 Recommendation of pay commission is implemented on officer of
1. central government
2. union territory
3. state government
4. judicial officer
A. 1 2 4 only
B. 2 3 4 only
C. 1 2 3 only
D. all of the above
Q.3 consider the following statement about dhole – india wild dog:
1. it is endandgered species under IUCN
2. this species found in whole india
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
Q.4 consider the following statement about brahmos missile.Which of these is/are incorrect
1. it is a joint venture of india and Russia
2. it can be launched from air, land and sea
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
Q.5 consider the following statement about missile technology control regime is/are correct
1. member country only can launch missile more than 300KM distance
2. india is member of this regime
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 90 DAYS TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus in just 90 days with proper revision. This include 29 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in