IASTODAY DAILY CAPSULE @ 7PM- April 28 [PIB, Hindu notes & MCQ]
DAILY HINDU NOTES,PIB daily notes and prelims Multiple choice quiz on current affairs together called DAILY CAPSULE for APRIL 28 2017.We also offers PDF version of daily capsule..This is a new initiative and your feedbacks will be appreciated. Shoot your feedbacks at Care@iastoday.in
- Issue of lokpal
- Act of lokpal passed in 2013 but no one appointed till today
- Lokpal selection committee include one chairman, four judicial member and four non judicial member
- So government arguing that no opposition party available because as per rule 10% seat winner can become lokpal
- Human status to Ganga river
- Supreme court given in one order river Ganga artificial human being status
- This means polluting river will be also case of breach of fundamental right of the river
- Ministry of water will work as parent for this status called legal guardian
- UDAN is an innovative scheme to develop the regional aviation market. It isa market-based mechanism in which airlines bid for seat subsidies.
- This first-of-its-kind scheme globally will create affordable yet economicallyviable and profitable flights on regional routes so that flying becomes
affordable to the common man even in small towns.
- The scheme would be in operation for a period of 10 years.
- The UDAN scheme will be applicable on flights which cover between 200 kmand 800 km with no lower limit set for hilly, remote, islands and regionswhich are security sensitive.
- The state governments would reap the benefit of development of remoteareas; enhance trade and commerce and more tourism expansion.
- The scheme UDAN envisages providing connectivity to un-served and underserved airports of the country through revival of existing air-strips and
- The operators could seek a Viability Gap Funding (VGF) apart from gettingvarious concessions.
- The scheme aims to boost air travel in Tier II and Tier III cities by cappingfares at Rs 2,500 per one hour flight. The Airports Authority of India is theimplementing authority of the scheme.
- The National Pension System (NPS]
- To provide retirement income to all the citizens
- To institute pension reforms and to inculcate the habit of saving for retirement amongst the citizens.
- All citizens of India between the age of 18 and 60 covered
- Administered by PFRDA
- Simple- opening an account with NPS provides A PERMANENT RETIREMENT ACCOUNT NUMBER (PRAN), which is a unique number and it remains with the subscriber throughout his lifetime.
- smart cities
- To drive economic growth and create sites of Production Efficiency Consumption Sustainable living spaces
- Smart city plans will be implemented by a special purpose vehicle States/UTs and Urban local bodies will have 50:50 equity in SPV
- Area-based development model
- PPP: Expertise, private players + efficiency
- Bundlekhand is the region of the Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
- This region become special target of the draught due to its interior effect
- Government now planning to provide ken betwa link canal to provide irrigation to this region
- This project will affect panna national park area
- This is the joint venture working for energy efficiency and one of the joint venture of PSU and ministry of energy resources
- Nickel zinc device in place of lithium ion battery
- Lithium ion batteries mainly used in laptop and smart phone device
- This battery can work better for efficiency and safety that is major problem in IT tool failure