Aadhaar to be linked to driving licence
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad announced that after linking Aadhaar to PAN cards, the Union government would now link it with driving licences as well.
- PAN aadhar Linking claims to have prevented black money & money laundering.
- New attempt aims to reduce chances of having multiple driving licence by individuals.
- Aadhaar is considered as a safe and secure tool for good governance and empowerment.
‘Anti-superstition Bill will be tabled in winter session’
- A watered-down and much-delayed anti-superstition Bill is likely to be introduced during the winter session of the State legislature in November-December in Belagavi.
- Following protests , the authorities have amended the intended Karnataka Prevention and Eradication of Human Sacrifices and other Inhuman Evil and Aghori Practices and Black Magic Bill.
N. Korea fires missile over Japan
- North Korea fired a ballistic missile over Japan and into the Pacific , responding to new UN sanctions with its furthest-ever missile flight in what analysts called a demonstration of its ability to target Guam.
- The launch, from near Pyongyang, came after the United Nations Security Council imposed an eighth set of measures on the isolated country following its sixth nuclear test earlier this month.
- The blast was by far its largest to date and Pyongyang said it was a hydrogen bomb small enough to fit onto a missile.
- The U.S. Pacific Command confirmed that Friday’s rocket was an intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM) and said it did not pose a threat to North America or to the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, which Pyongyang has threatened to bracket with “enveloping fire.”
- Seoul’s Defence Ministry said it probably travelled around 3,700 km and reached a maximum altitude of 770 km.
ISRO to be back with launches in Nov.-Dec.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation expects to resume launch of satellites in a couple of months once its failure analysis committee releases its report.
- The committee is conducting tests on why the PSLV-C39 mission of August 31 failed to release a back-up navigation satellite into space.
- According to ISRO Chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar – Antrix Corporation had made the PSLV rocket a globally famous and reliable space launch vehicle; it had lifted more than 200 small foreign satellites over years.It could now help Indian industry gain credibility in the $339 billion world space market.
- The market had evolved fast to challenge established government-run agencies.
NASA’s Cassini spacecraft ends 20-year journey.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s $3.9-billion Cassini spacecraft ended its 20-year-long ground-breaking journey.
- No spacecraft has ever ventured so close to the planet before.
- The journey reached an end by a fiery plunge into the Saturn’s crushing atmosphere, beaming back never-before-seen images of the ringed planet and its mysterious moons until the last moment.
- Operators deliberately made Cassini dive into the gas giant to ensure that the planet’s moons remain pristine for future exploration.