Press Information Bureau (PIB) is an important part in competitive exams. We are already providing PIB notes monthly Magazines free of cost .Now onwards you can track daily PIB notes from here instead of surfing through 30+ daily PIB updates which may not be relevant for preparation. We provides CRUX OF PIB DAILY.
1.Rajghat gets Mahatma Statue, for the first time
- Rajghat, the Samadhi of the Father of the Nation in the national capital.
- Unveiled in the occasion of the 148 Birth Anniversary of the champion of country’s independence.
- The famous message of Gandhi ji “Be the Change You Wish to See” is inscribed on the front side of the pedestal.
- The new statue would offer another spot for them to pay their respect to the great soul.
2.National waterway 4 -Muktyala to Vijayawada (Krishna River)
As per an MoU signed with Govt. of Andhra Pradesh on 14th April’2016, NW-4 in Andhra Pradesh is proposed to be developed in three phases.
- Phase-I: -Muktyala to Vijayawada (Krishna River) (82 Km)
- Phase-II: -Vijayawada to Kakinada (Eluru canal & Kakinada canal) and Rajahmundry to Polavaram stretch of Godavari (233 Km)
- Phase-III: -Commamur Canal, Buckingham canal and balance stretches of Krishna & Godavari Rivers (573km)
A proposal for Phase-II has been recommended by IWAI board for PIB/Cabinet. Also, a proposal for formation of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for implementation of the project is under consideration for the approval of Cabinet. The SPV is expected to be formed by November 2017.
- NW-1 or Ganga-Bhagirathi-Hooghly river system is located in India and runs from Haldia to Allahabad across the Ganges, Bhagirathi and Hooghly river systems. It is 1,620 km long, making it the longest waterway in India.
- National Waterway 2 (NW-2) is a section of the Brahmaputra River having a length of 891 km between the Bangladesh border and Sadiya.
- The West Coast Canal or National Waterway No 3 is a 168-km stretch of this inland navigational route located in Kerala, India and runs from Kollam to Kottapuram.
3.Significance of Porbandar .
- The birth place of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Around 48% of the cargo entering or exiting the ports of the country is from the ports of Gujarat.
Gandhiji date of Birth :- 2 October 1869.
4.Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Presents swachatta awards:-
- Fertilizer Cooperative, KRIBHCO gets award for compost marketing.
- FaceBook Group ‘My Delhi Keep It Clean’ gets Swacchata Award for voluntary citizen action.
- ‘No Food Waste’ initiative of Coimbattore has been selected in the Innovative Practices category for end-to-end cycle to manage and reduce food waste.
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Awasiya Vidyalaya, Ambikar gets the award in the Schools and Colleges category.
5.International day of Older Persons’ – 2nd October
Theme : “Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society “.
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is running two important schemes namely “Vriddh Jan Grah Yojana “ and “Day Care Centres” for Older Persons.
6.Wardha Dry Port will be constructed over an area of 350 Acres with an investment of Rs.500 Crore .
- Shri Nitin Gadkari will perform Bhoomi Poojan for Wardha Dry Port .
The Phase-I would involve development of around 25 Ha of the total area, with an estimated cost of Rs.180 Crores (including private investment of Rs. 79 Crore).
The proposed dry port is estimated to generate traffic of almost 7,000-9,000 TEUs in next 5-7 years.
- The project is expected to attract a direct employment of at least 1000 persons.
- The project would have the necessary facilities as one-stop shop for the EXIM based industries such as customs clearance facilities, Container Freight Station, Warehousing Space, Cold Storage, Liquid Storage, truck terminals etc.
- The site is strategically located around the Industrial belt of Nagpur & Wardha and is well connected to the other industrial regions in Vidarbha.
7.Military Nursing Service celebrates its 92nd Raising Day :-
- On October 1, 1926 MNS was formally established as permanent nursing service in the Indian Army.
- National Florence Nightingale Award :- It is the highest national level award in field of nursing, awarded by the President of India.