DAILY CAPSULE-BEST UPSC CURRENT AFFAIRS -AUG 7 2017
Make hindu notes & static syllabus area from current affairs by self learning. Cover full current affairs from the bible of civil service aspirants ie,HINDU Newspaper.We give direct notes from HINDU;Which replaces hindu reading. We give important news & what next to do? You collect those add on notes & make notes perfect.
6th Sunday & 7th Monday are included
Venkaiah sweeps V-P polls with 516 votes
- M. Venkaiah Naidu elected as the 13th Vice-President of India .
- Mr. Naidu polled a massive 516 of the total 760 votes, aided by cross-voting by Opposition MPs in the 15th vice-presidential elections.
- Opposition candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi polled 244 votes. The elections saw the highest polling percentage at 98.12%, with 14 MPs failing to turn up to vote.
Powers and Functions of the Vice President
The Vice President of India, after the President, is the highest dignitary of India, and certain powers are attached to the office of the Vice President. These are:
- The Vice President shall discharge the functions of the President during the temporary absence of the President due to illness or any other cause due to which the President is unable to carry out his functions.
- The Vice President shall act as the President, in case of any vacancy in the office of the President by reason of his death, resignation, removal through impeachment or otherwise. The Vice President shall take over the duties of the President until a new President is elected and resumes office.
- The Vice President is the ex-officio Chairman of the Council of States.
- When the Vice President acts as, or discharges the functions of the President, he or she immediately ceases to perform the normal functions of being the Chairman of the Council of States.
GST Council approves e-Way billing
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council decided to implement the e-Way bill system for the transport of goods across the country.
- The Council also decided to reduce the tax rate for job work for all forms of textile work to 5% from 18%.
- The Council reviewed the progress of the implementation of the new indirect tax regime since July 1, and approved the changes made by its implementation committee.
- e-Way bills will be necessary for the transport of goods worth more than Rs. 50,000, and over a distance of more than 10 km. It will not apply for goods exempt from GST.
Skill-linked immigration Bill may favour Indian applicants
President Donald Trump is championing a new piece of legislation that proposes to change America’s immigration system to give preference to skills than family links, but the fractious nature of the debate over the move suggests that it is far from becoming a law.
- Two Republican senators (Lindsey Graham and Ron Johnson) and the Democrats have already declared their opposition to the proposed Bill.
- RAISE or Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy Act, sponsored by Republican Senators David Perdue and Tom Cotton, also proposes to cut immigration by 41% in the first year and by 50% by the 10th year.
Whats this bill?
- People with English proficiency will be preferred, and the number of refugees admitted annually will be reduced by half to 50,000.
- The lottery system to promote diversity in America, which allows people from less represented countries such as Nepal and Ethiopia, will be ended.
Subsidise rail losses: PMO
- The Prime Minister’s Office has directed the Ministry of Finance to fund the losses incurred by the Indian Railways in operating non-profitable trains on strategic lines and backward areas.
- The decision comes as a relief for the Railways which feels that the social service obligation borne by it in running non-profitable lines of national and strategic importance should be funded by the Central government.
Revealed: 4,000-year-old bone jewels
- Ancient jewellery and decoration has a new meaning, with the discovery of bone ornaments in Telangana that go back about 4,000 years.
- In a find that has excited archaeologists, 50 pieces of bone ornaments have been found in a hamlet of Narmetta, an agricultural village on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
- Shaped precisely like a rhombus with round holes in the middle and circular indentations, these are thought to have been used as jewellery.
- Samples of the artefacts are being analysed at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in Hyderabad.
- Historian Prof. K.P. Rao, who led the 2005 Gachibowli megalithic excavation that dated the earliest megalithic site to 2200 BC .
Beijing sets terms for talks on sea feud code
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said the start of talks for a “code of conduct” in the disputed waters may be announced by the heads of state of China and the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), when they meet at an annual summit in the Philippines in November if Beijing’s conditions are met.
- Mr. Wang said those conditions include non-interference by “outside parties”, apparently referring to the United States, which Beijing has frequently accused of meddling in what it says is an Asian dispute that should be resolved only by the countries involved.
- China’s territorial disputes in the strategic and potentially oil-and gas-rich waterway with five other governments intensified after it built islands in disputed waters and reportedly started to install a missile defence system on them, alarming rival claimant states, the U.S. and other Western governments.
India team helps IBM create technology to battle hackers
- IBM, one of the world’s largest technology companies said that it had achieved a breakthrough in security technology that would allow enterprises from banks to health care companies to retailers to encrypt their customer data at a large scale.
Why its important?
- The New York-based technology major said its system makes it possible for the first time to ‘pervasively encrypt’ every level of a network, from applications to cloud services and databases and prevent theft of information.
- This has been made possible by IBM Z (z14).
- A next-generation mainframe unveiled by the company.
- It is capable of running more than 12 billion encrypted transactions per day.
Role of indian’s
- IBM, which reported a revenue of $79.9 billion in 2016, said that its India hardware and firmware team had made significant contributions to the z14 system and microprocessor development.
- It said that more than 100 engineers from its India labs worked on key components of both the core and the processor in the areas of logic design, verification, custom circuit design and tool development.
- The team has also contributed to the base firmware development, next-generation input/output enablement and in building newer virtualisation management capabilities.
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 2018 TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus with proper revision. This include 30 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.Cost to mark ratio makes it more valuable.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in