AGAM JAIN-Toppers strategy (AIR 133, 2015)
UPSC PERFORMANCE GRAPH – AGAM JAIN
Attempts – first genuine attempt (But actually second)
|PAPER 1 – 121||PAPER 2 – 170|
Mains and Interview marks-
|ESSAY -117||GENERAL STUDIES 4 – 100|
|GENERAL STUDIES 1- 110||OPTIONAL 1 – 142|
|GENERAL STUDIES 2- 87||OPTIONAL 2 – 117|
|GENERAL STUDIES 3- 105||INTERVIEW – 143|
Optional subject: HISTORY
MAINS Total– 778 + Interview– 143 => Final– 921
Rank – 133 .
You may like : ARTIKA SHUKLA (AIR 4)-Toppers strategy & Motivation
Daily routine for UPSC preparation
Well, I cant say that I followed the schedule through out my preparation. It changed according to the seasons, demands and exams (like I gave Mppsc, acio).
But the basic schedule which I can recall was as follows-
7 am- the day started.
7–8 am – newspapers and deducing what questions could be asked in websites on today’s paper.
8–10 am – on Internet. Looking for various questions for answer writing. Reading the remaining articles (from different newspapers including livemint, business standard). Writing the answers. Looking for material on other websites (pib, prs, idsa, Mrunal) along with Facebook in other tab (just to keep sleep away).
10–1 pm – core study. Static subjects. Optional. (I guess you have realized that I have skipped the breakfast and bath. It was to save time. During 3 months of mains, I never went for breakfast and I took bath in 3–4 days on average. Maybe it could sound wierd but it bought me complete 50 minutes).
1–2 pm – lunch and leisure time.
2–4 pm core subjects (the answer writing for core subjects also included in this time).
4–5 pm light studies. Like watching some documentaries or switching on the easy subject or reading magazines. And yes, at times, nap also (which extended to 40 minutes at times killing all the productive time).
5–6.30 pm -supper (light meal). Evening walk. And checking the answers which I wrote in morning.
6.30–8.30 pm study of core subjects.
8.30–9.30 pm – listening all India radio discussion, talking to friends alongside.
9.30- 12 am – core study. (Most productive time).
12–1 am – on bed in sleeping mode. Watching lectures (mainly Mrunal) to go to sleep.
UPSC INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
I filled Hindi as my medium of interview because I feel more comfortable while answering in my mother tongue. But that day was the first for Hindi speaking aspirants and mine was the first number in Arvind Saxena sir board. Unfortunately, 80% of the questions were asked in English and I had to defend in my answers rather than explaining beautifully which I could’ve done in Hindi.
Further, most of the questions were asked from the engineering background. I ain’t that good in engineering. Nothing from DAF (Detailed Application Form), no hobbies, nothing at all. Just engineering questions and few from history, economics and culture.
So, as a whole I didn’t get chance to speak my heart up and explain my views.So, as such I didn’t make any blunders but it is how it is.
But I learnt a lesson.Out of prelims, mains and interview, I was most confident on interview part. I have always spoken nicely. But interview gave a serious blow.
That day I realized that life teaches you the lesson at the place where you feel most confident , maybe over confident.
i had electronics and communication branch.And to be honest, I neither liked the subject nor was able to comprehend it.
I felt like I am in wrong field. I didn’t know (still don’t know) what transistors do and why inductors are named so.
But I was very much indulged in other activities. I used to go to nearby village to teach some children. Getting inspiration from the village life, i decided to prepare for upsc.
But no one was there to guide me. So, I guess I started from 3rd year looking for all sort of materials on Internet, reading books, travelling etc. So, I took time because I didn’t have the exact guidance initially.
But if you have the proper structure, one year is enough to crack the exam.
Special credits & thanks to AGAM JAIN
If you are new here, DISCOVER MORE DEDICATED SERVICES FROM US
- DAILY MAINS QUESTIONS WITH ANSWER REVIEW: First and only series with daily UPSC GS syllabus wise questions answer writing module and answer review by experts (master pro).
- DAILY CAPSULE @7PM– Most popular series from us with daily HINDU NOTES + PIB NOTES + PRELIMS QUIZ together in a capsule free.
- PRELIMS 90 DAYS TEST SERIES is the most rated service from us which allows you to cover full UPSC prelims syllabus in just 90 days with proper revision. This include 29 Quality tests and revision series with performance analysis.
- MASTER PRO SERIES – is a dedicated Mains series with daily ANSWER REVIEW BY EXPERTS and performance analysis including MASTER MODULE. This is the only online series in india with full fledged live support.
- MONTHLY HINDU NOTES– Hindu is the bible for upsc aspirants & Hindu notes are precious. We provides monthly magazine which is unique with date wise & upsc syllabus wise arranged monthly compilation.
- MONTHLY PIB MAGAZINE – If you went to delhi,you can see our magazine being sold in every shops you visits. This is the best compilation & first ever initiative which covers full month wise PIB releases.
- FREE DOWNLOADS – Everything needed for upsc preparation available in our Download zone absolutely free. NCERTs, Standard texts, Reference materials, Books for almost all optionals free download provided.
- Toppers recommended books– For those who prefers hard copy to study,we compiled Top 10 MUST BUY books for upsc aspirants to make your journey easier.You can buy online & pay cash on delivery from leading portals like amazon.
- DAILY MASTER MODULE- This is a precious pdf material from us coming daily basis. This includes HINDU notes GS syllabus topic wise sorted + PIB daily notes + Prelims Quiz + 8 editorials soft copy of all leading newspapers. Per day cost less than 50 paise where single newspaper costs over Rs. 6/-
- DAILY 8 EDITORIAL ANALYSIS – No others provides you 8 editorial analysis and soft copies on daily basis. Never miss any important editorials. We compile all important ones in single pdf daily.
- JOIN WITH US– If you feels that you are an expert & you can do more or any of these in better way!!! Then join with us and contribute your knowledge to help LAKHS of IASTODAY readers.You can write articles or contribute new initiatives.
OUR 24X7 Customer care: Care@iastoday.in